Photography

Saturday, January 11, 2014

DIY Scarf Armoire





 I had a major catastrophe this week with my scarves (no I am not a scarf hoarder)!  I came home from work and they had ALL fallen out of my vintage armoire turned suppose to be scarf organizer!  Anyway I didn't have time to deal with it through the week, so this was my major task on this rainy Saturday morning.  I decided to do a DIY, since I had to actually start from scratch to make sure this didn't ever happen again.  You can see from the pics above how I used my dependable Gorilla glue to make sure this time my hanging bars would stay in place!  I know, scarves really aren't that heavy, but, um, if you have this many, it does put a load on the bars if they are not securely mounted!  Lesson learned people!  So if you pick up an old vintage armoire up at a garage sale or on craigslist, like I did this one.  You can turn it into a scarf organizer! 

PS. We bought the bar and end caps at Home Depot.  I measured them and my husband cut the bar into three pieces to hang.  The bar is hollow, so not hard to cut.  I bought these items in the closet section of Home Depot. 

Blessings always!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment