Photography

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Window Screen Take #1



Remember these?  Well one of them got a makeover this weekend!






I cleaned and scrubbed on this old girl until I got the crud off, only to reveal the nice chippy paint I so admire!  Not sure what I will do with the rest of the screens, but I needed something to hang over my nightstand in my bedroom.  So I decided to create this piece of wall art, it took all of 5 minutes.  I basically bought a hanger kit from home depot ($1.50) to hang it with, purchased three shabby looking door knobs from hobby lobby ($6.00), snatched up an old photo I had purchased at a garage sale ($1.00) and hung it with mini clothes pins (already had them). To top it off, I hung a string of crocheted hearts I had made earlier this year! I have to say I was very pleased with the end result!  I spent a total of $8.50 on this piece of wall art!

Have a blessed day and create!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment