Photography

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Potting Table






I'm in love with junk, all junk!  I love garage sales, estate sales and flea markets!  Nothing makes me happier than to find that perfect treasure!  I had been looking for a new table to serve as my potting table.  I have been looking for about a year.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money and wanted something that would hold up in outdoor weather.  So the hunt was on! I am the type of person that knows, just knows, that I'll find the right piece, if I just take my time and look.

So last weekend the rain was suppose to set in early morning.  My husband and I decided to take a long shot and head for the flea market to see if any vendors showed up.  When we arrived we were surprised that there was a good turnout.  We started up the first row and to my surprise the first booth had this magnificent industrial work bench sitting there with a large sign on it that said $12 bucks!  I nearly tripped trying to get over to the booth to tell him I would take it!  I couldn't believe it!  It was the perfect piece for an outdoor potting table!

When we got the piece home, to my surprise, my son had given me an old vintage window from under his basement he had found.  I measured the window and it was the exact same size as my potting table! No way! I cleaned up the table, put a few coats of clear coat on the wood, my husband attached my window for the back and BAM I had a perfect re-purposed potting table for $12 bucks!


Blessings as always



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment