Photography

Sunday, July 21, 2013

American Pickers








Do you watch American Pickers?  I love that show!  I guess you have to be a junker to really appreciate those fella's digging around in piles of junk to find hidden treasures!  Well, I am a junker by default and love to watch the show and learn the art of junking!  I love that show so much, that I got the entire family to venture off to Nashville to find the American Pickers store Antique Archaeology.

The store was a little hard to find even using the GPS, it's kind of off the beaten path, if you know what I mean. I was so excited to finally find it!  It was in the coolest building!  The store is located in the old Marathon Automobile Car Factory dated from the early 1900's.  The building was beautiful! We explored the building only to find out that the store didn't open until 10:00 am and all those lovely people were in line to get in when it opened!  WHAT! We had a full agenda that day wanting to explore Nashville.  I really wasn't planning on having to wait in line!  But we did, for a while anyway. Eventually one of the store team members came out at 10:00 am to tell us just how it worked. Needless to say, we were disappointed.  Apparently the store is smaller than it looks and they would only let about 10 people in at a time, so he informed us our wait could take up to a couple of hours! TWO HOURS?  Really?  In this heat? Well, we (actually my family, their not junkers, sad, I know) decided that we would proceed with our other plans to visit Nashville and cruise back at a later time. Surely, by then, there would not be a line.  Guess what?  Several hours later, the line was even longer.

Ok, so I was very disappointed that I didn't get to go inside.  Remember, this was my adventure, the family was perfectly fine with not being able to go inside.  So we started our journey back home.

All in all, we had a great trip visiting Nashville and I don't regret stopping by Antique Archaeology, it was still worth the adventure!  I will not give up, I will try again, I will get in next time we (maybe just me) make a trip to the music city!  I will not lose hope! Real junkers never give up!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment