Photography

Sunday, May 18, 2014

DIY Lace Shorts





It's amazing that I will go weeks without having time to post, then all of sudden, BAM!  I have lots of time to post! This will be my third time posting this week, thank you!

Anyway, today I am showing you my version of a pair of DIY Lace Shorts I made for my 51 year old self.  I have seen them in all the stores and magazines. I had to have a pair.  I also wanted a pair that wasn't going to cost a fortune and a pair that would work on this half a century old body! Gasp!

So while cleaning out my closets (ugh!) I found a pair of my favorite worn out jeans.  I love the way they fit, but they were about worn out, so I decided to upcycle them into my version of lace shorts!  Here's how it went down.

I measured down from the inseam 2 inches and cut the legs off with my scissors.  I purchased a roll of white lace at my Wal-Mart for $2.97 and pinned the lace around each leg, beginning and ending at the inseam on the inside leg.  I pinned this to the raw edge of where I cut the legs off, because I want that part to still ravel a little when they are washed next time.  I then sewed the lace on with my sewing machine, unpinned and there you have it, awesome lace shorts!

Total project $2.97 plus tax! I'm happy!

(Please excuse my Tennessee orange tee and my 100 year old mirror, the reflection is pretty dingy and I'm suppose to be working on my closets!)

Blessings Always

No comments:

Post a Comment