Photography

Friday, March 28, 2014

Time Marches On


I was reading an article the other day, it said "people don't realize they are missing out on the one thing they can't ever get back, TIME."

WHOA! Wait a minute!  That stopped me in my tracks!  I had to go back and re-read that sentence several times!  What powerful words!  I wanted to fully understand what point the author was trying to make.  So after reading it and letting in sink in, here is what I came up with.

TIME is something we all have.  Every, single, one of us.  We don't know how much of it we have, but we are all the same when it comes down to us each having TIME.  The point the author was trying to make (at least I think) is, are WE as individuals making the best of what TIME we do have?  Each individual is going to have a different amount of time here on this earth.  That is a fact.  So it's what we do with that TIME that is going to be important.  Example, if you are unhappy in a job that you spend eight hours a day at, your not ever going to be able to get those eight hours back to spend them being happy.  Once the eight hours is up, time has past, it's gone, it's outta here!  Next time your child (grown adult children, husband, etc) asks you to spend time with them, even just listen to them, take a few minutes to focus on nothing but them!  Your laundry can wait!

WOW, now talking about feeling guilty!  I'm sure if we all would admit it, we all could have used our TIME a little more wisely.  But you know what? I can't change the past, you can't change the past, but we can make a difference in the future. This makes me want to really think about how I am going to choose to spend my TIME through out the day.  Am I going to choose to be happy at what I am doing?  Am I going to make a choice to spend more time with my family and friends?  Am I going to choose to follow my dreams?  When I look back now, I can definitely see where I have lost a lot of  TIME that I could have spent differently.  We can't change the past.  That is a FACT.  But for me, I'm going to concentrate on my future and think about how I will be spending my own precious TIME, so I won't be looking back later, wondering what I should have done different.  I want to take action now.  I want my TIME to matter to me and the ones I love! People, TIME marches on!  TIME is important!  Don't lose it! We can't get it back!

Blessings always,

No comments:

Post a Comment