Photography

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DIY $30 Vanity Makeover!


before


and before


and after with Behr Expresso Bean 


love the richness of the paint



So, what's been going on with you?  Life is whats been going on around here.  A lot of it!  I can't find the time to post about everything I would like to post about.  So I have to pick and choose.  I decided to show you a little makeover today.  I am always trying to make the best of what I have without having to buy new, if possible.  In this case my upstairs bathroom vanity needed a major make over!  This cabinet is probably about 45 years old, original to the house.  It was first original wood, then it had been primed, then painted black.  I didn't really want to invest in a new vanity, because the entire side (see top photo) has to be cut out to make room for the HVAC vent that goes into the hallway.  I didn't want to purchase a new vanity, then have to cut out one entire side!  So the quickest, most inexpensive way to makeover this vanity was to repaint it.  All I had to do since it had been primed and already had paint on it, was remove the hardware, sand out some rough spots, buy new hardware and slap two coats of paint on it.  I chose Behr paint with primer in Expresso Bean (satin finish), very yummy.  It's really hard to tell from the picture, but it is a really deep chocolate brown just like coffee beans.  It will make your mouth water!  Total investment $30 (approx)!

Blessings always!




No comments:

Post a Comment